OEM Police Engine Idle Add On for 2017 and up Police Interceptor Utility
This feature allows you to leave the engine running and prevents your vehicle from unauthorized use when outside of your vehicle. Allows the key to be removed from ignition while vehicle remains idling.
Switching the System On:
• With your vehicle running and the transmission in park (P), press the button on the instrument panel. A warning lamp illuminates to confirm the system is on
• Switch the ignition off and remove the key. When the system is on: • The power windows are disabled and the windows remain in their current state.
• The power door locks are disabled and all doors remain in their current locking state. Note: The doors can be unlocked with the key blade
• The liftgate or luggage compartment does not open but can be opened with the key.
To Switch the System Off:
The system can be switched “off” by doing any of the following: • Inserting the key and switching the ignition to the run position.
• Pressing the button on the instrument panel. Note: If you switch the system off before switching the ignition to the run position, your vehicle shuts down
(The above information taken from Ford brochure for this feature)
THIS REQUIRES MY FILE ALONG WITH FURTHER IDS PROGRAMMING. INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WHICH ALSO INCLUDE HARDWARE PART #s (switch and bezel). SIMPLE HARDWARE ADD ON and SWAP REQUIRED. PARTS ARE AROUND $100. You can also review operational information in your owner's manual.
THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON THE 2018 MODEL YEAR. THE 17 and 19 have the same setup therefore this should work however keep in mind it has not been done on either of those model years as of yet.
Please note that the 17+ Sedan is a direct function of IDS with hardware as well. Nothing from me is needed for the Sedan.
PIU Police Engine Idle Activation File - $25